Central American Decaf
A great decaf coffee without the headache (or solvents)
This method uses two natural elements, pure water and carbon dioxide ( together they make “Sparkling Water”) to extract caffeine from the coffee grains. This method was discovered by Kurt Zosel, a well named scientific, of the Max Plank Institute.
Steps for the C0-2 or Carbonated Water Method:
Coffee is mixed with pure water.
- When the coffee absorbs the water the grains expand, their pores get opened and the caffeine molecules become mobile.
- At this point carbon dioxide is added ( A 100% Natural Element) at a 100 atmospheres pressure to the pure water.
- Basically the water and the carbon dioxide are mixed to create the sparkling water.
- The carbon dioxide acts like a magnet and attracts all the caffeine molecules that became movable.
- When the caffeine is captured by the carbon dioxide, this is removed.
- The carbon dioxide is very selective and it doesn’t touch the carbohydrates and proteins of the coffee beans.
- The carbohydrates and the proteins are the ones that give the coffee the flavor and smell after it is made.
- When the carbon dioxide has finished removing the caffeine, the coffee seeds are dried naturally
- Carbon dioxide is then recycled and caffeine is sold for other commercial uses.
Benefits of this method:
- Extracts Caffeine, effectivly. Is a direct contact method but does not use chemcals.
- Doesn’t chemically affect proteins or carbohydrates of the coffee beans.
- The byproducts are natural and a 100% recyclable.
Read more at https://legacy.sweetmarias.com/decaf.co-2method.html
Green Beans, Roasted Beans, Cafetiere Grind, Espresso Grind
125g, 250g, 500g, 1kg