Aeropress Coffee Maker
The AeroPress coffee maker utilizes a breakthrough in the coffee brewing process to yield the smoothest, richest coffee that you have ever tasted.
- Rapid, total immersion brewing process makes delicious full flavored coffee without bitterness
- Makes 1 to 3 cups per pressing in about one minute
- Brews regular American style coffee
- Brews espresso style coffee for use in lattes and other espresso based drinks
- Microfilter means no grit in your cup (unlike a French press)
- Clean up takes just seconds
Fast and convenient, the AeroPress Coffee and Espresso Maker makes one of the best cups of coffee you’ll ever taste. This innovative uses the ideal water temperature and gentle air pressure brewing to produce coffee and espresso that has rich flavor with lower acidity and without bitterness. It makes 1 to 4 cups of coffee or espresso (enough for 1 or 2 mugs), features a micro filtered for grit free coffee, and takes just 1 minute to make coffee (actual press time takes only 20 seconds).
With total immersion brewing, the AeroPress produces uniform extraction for the ultimate in full coffee flavor.
To brew a double espresso or 10-ounce cup of coffee:
- Place a microfilter in the bottom cap of the AeroPress chamber and twist the cap tightly closed.
- Place two scoops of ground coffee from the included AeroPress scoop into the chamber.
- Stand the chamber on a sturdy mug, then proceed to pour hot water into the top of the chamber (175 degrees F is optimal).
- Stir the water and coffee with the included paddle for about 10 seconds.
- Insert the plunger into the chamber and gently press down about a quarter of an inch and continue to maintain that pressure for 20 to 30 seconds (gentle pressure is the key to easy AeroPressing).
This will result in a double espresso. To make an Americano, simply top off the mug with hot water, or add hot milk for a creamy latte. The AeroPress can press from 1 to 4 scoops, and each scoop from the included AeroPress scoop makes the equivalent of a single espresso or 5 ounces of American coffee. Fill the chamber with hot water to the number corresponding to the number of scoops.
You can also make a full carafe of coffee using the AeroPress in less time than it takes to brew a pot of drip coffee. Two 3-scoop or 4-scoop pressing, topped off with hot water, will fill most vacuum carafes.
The AeroPress is the result of several years of applied research by inventor/engineer Alan Adler, who conducted numerous brewing experiments, measuring the brew with laboratory instruments. The experiments demonstrated that proper temperature, total immersion and rapid filtering were key to flavor excellence. He then designed and tested dozens of brewers before settling on the AeroPress design. Adler’s best-known invention is the Aerobie flying ring which set the Guinness World record for the world’s farthest throw (1,333 feet).
|Dimensions||14 x 14 x 25 cm|
Gift Wrap, No Gift Wrap