- We are currently away, any orders placed will be roasted Thursday 26th and sent out on Friday 27th October, thank you for your patience
Indian Mandarin Sethuraman Estate (Robusta)
One of the best robusta coffees we have tried! This coffee will give you a buzz with a great tatse.
Robusta coffees contain about 40% more caffeine than those made from Arabica beans. They have historically been the poor relation in coffee farming but they are now fighting back!
This coffee packs a mighty punch: huge bittersweet taste with dark chocolate notes, thick, syrupy umami (mouthfeel) and malty caramel in the finish. A big bold cup!
- The Sethuraman Estate is located in India in the Chikmagalur district near the town of Magundi, on the Bhadra river and sits at an altitude of 2500 feet.
- Nishant Gurjer, an avid cricket fan, is a sixth-generation coffee farmer with a passion for single origin Robusta who owns Sethuraman Estate and Kaapi Royale Coffee. Located in Magundi in Chikmagalur, the estate began operations in the 1950s with the aim of producing Arabica and Robusta coffees of the finest quality.
- The Estate’s improvements have come largely from better processing and this highlights why it’s so important in coffee production. Beans are pulped, naturally fermented, double-washed and then patio-dried.
- Nishant treats his workers well and does not use child labour.
Green Beans, Roasted Beans, Cafetiere Grind, Espresso Grind
125g, 250g, 500g, 1kg